Api backward/forward compatibility

Shi Yan shiy at nvidia.com
Tue Sep 11 18:35:37 EDT 2018

Hello mailing list,

I have a question regarding api backward compatibility.

We have an old app which was linked against  libilmCommon.so.1.10.90  and  libilmClient.so.1.10.90, then we updated the linux system. now both libraries are upgraded to 1.13.0.

I want to know what the spec says regarding api backward/forward compatibility, because we have not found anything in the official document.

Should we expect the old app to still work with the newer libraries?

Thanks,

Shi