GDP/meta-ivi rocko wayland-ivi-extension 2.0 integration issues

Friedrich, Eugen (ADITG/ESB) efriedrich at de.adit-jv.com
Thu Jan 18 12:36:32 EST 2018

Hi Stephen, all,

First all sorry for the confusion we are causing now with this release,
I shortly explain where the issue is coming from and then list some option how to proceed here...

Issue: 	I missed the patch which is required on top of weston 2.0.0 mentioned below to work with wayland-ivi-extension 2.0/2.1.
	it was proposed very long time ago to weston and we had this in the local repository, so it completely disappeared from my memory
	and I did a wrong statement to the reference implementation in the compliance proposal:
	the only combination which is available complete in upstream is:
	weston 3.0 and wayland-ivi-extension 2.1

Proposal: I will update the reference implementation to the weston 3.0
	   The compliance itself does not contain any reference to the weston version, the Compositor is an abstract component and has to support some wayland protocols which are xml files.
	   Please correct me if I have a wrong understanding for the compliance scope.
	   For the Baseline I would take the wayland-ivi-extension 2.1 and for weston there are two options:
	   1)  weston 2.0.0 plus https://cgit.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/commit/?h=3.0&id=deee858
		This version is included in yocto already so minimum risk, only additional patch is not optimal, and it will be not the referenced version in the compliance proposal (maybe not that important)
	   2)  weston 3.0.0 clean
		This is not in the yocto so potential risk is higher, from the feature set point of view: https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2017-August/034749.html (not much)
	Internally in ADIT we are not switched to 3.0.0 We just have done some short checks on Broxton and Renesas, those where fine.

The current issue we see with the GDP are most probably not caused by the weston differences and needs to be fixed in anyway.

Emre and me are currently in India on the business trip and could support active from 25th of Jan so next Thursday. Let me know if we help further.

Engineering Software Base (ADITG/ESB)