GDP/meta-ivi rocko wayland-ivi-extension 2.0 integration issues

Stephen Lawrence stephen.lawrence at renesas.com
Thu Jan 18 10:26:38 EST 2018

Hi Emre,

Thanks for the detail. It helps a lot.
Questions below.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ucan, Emre (ADITG/ESB) [mailto:eucan at de.adit-jv.com]
> Sent: 18 January 2018 15:10
> To: Stephen Lawrence <stephen.lawrence at renesas.com>; Andreasson,
> Oscar (Pelagicore) <oscar.andreasson at pelagicore.com>
> Cc: genivi-dev at lists.genivi.org; genivi-ivi-layer-management at lists.genivi.org
> Subject: RE: GDP/meta-ivi rocko wayland-ivi-extension 2.0 integration issues
>
> Hi Stephen,

I would like to be 100% clear on which patches you mean below :)

> Our options:
>
> Weston 2.0 + 1 patch with Wayland IVI Extension (2.0 or 2.1)

When you say 1 patch you mean your Weston patch below?
Neither IVI-Extension 2.0 or 2.1 need to be patched.

> Weston 3.0 with Wayland IVI Extension (2.0 + 1 patch or 2.1)

In this case the only patch required is the IVI-Extension patch below when
IVI-Extension 2.0 is used?

> Weston patch:
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/commit/?h=3.0&id=deee858
> b0b199d8cfa8033a46d7078f30b23725e
> Wayland IVI Extension patch: https://github.com/GENIVI/wayland-ivi-
> extension/commit/a25f5eb8e31a88b63f5a6721b403df0e8f255f5b
>
> In my opinion, the best opition is to integrate Wayland IVI Extension 2.1 with
> weston 2.0 + patch. Because rocko also supports weston 2.0.
> It is better tested.

That's helpful thanks. That personally makes sense to me if that has been the target
of testing and I recall Eugen saying Weston 3.0 doesn't bring much advantage.
It also avoids the risk of breakage in other packages when a later version is used.

Oscar, what's your opinion?

Regards

Steve