GDP/meta-ivi rocko wayland-ivi-extension 2.0 integration issues

Ucan, Emre (ADITG/ESB) eucan at de.adit-jv.com
Thu Jan 18 10:10:17 EST 2018

Hi Stephen,

Our options:

Weston 2.0 + 1 patch with Wayland IVI Extension (2.0 or 2.1)
Weston 3.0 with Wayland IVI Extension (2.0 + 1 patch or 2.1)

Weston patch: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/commit/?h=3.0&id=deee858b0b199d8cfa8033a46d7078f30b23725e
Wayland IVI Extension patch: https://github.com/GENIVI/wayland-ivi-extension/commit/a25f5eb8e31a88b63f5a6721b403df0e8f255f5b

In my opinion, the best opition is to integrate Wayland IVI Extension 2.1 with weston 2.0 + patch. Because rocko also supports weston 2.0.
It is better tested.

Best Regards,
Emre