GDP/meta-ivi rocko wayland-ivi-extension 2.0 integration issues

Stephen Lawrence stephen.lawrence at renesas.com
Thu Jan 18 07:04:24 EST 2018

Hi,

I feel like we are in danger of mixing up topics here, between GDP and the Baseline
and different versions of IVI-Extension.

The immediate goal is the successful integration of the Compositor component,
which includes IVI-Extension, into the Yocto Baseline (meta-ivi). As the first Genivi 14
release P-0.1 of meta-ivi is now due.

GDP is a useful delivery and of course is built on the Baseline, but adapting GDP to changes
in the APIs is not a prerequisite for the delivery of a Baseline release unless we feel we are
dealing with a stop-ship issue. It doesn't sound like that is the case, but feel free to give
your opinion.

The last two IVI-Extension releases 2.0 and 2.1 are not yet in compliance so we have
the option of shipping 1.13 if we wished. Although personally I feel comfortable slipping
P-0.1 a few days if we can integrate the latest.

Emre, thank you for your replies so far. I see in the team's Genivi 14 compliance proposal [1]
version >= 2.1.0 is listed. So my assumption is we should be targeting that at least by P-1.0.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Further, can you summarise what is required for integration of the reference implementation for
IVI-Extension 2.0 and 2.1 please so we can be clear on what component versions are required
and to help with decision making. I am thinking of what Weston version and any patches and
to what component that are required. For example, in October on the mailing list we got the
input that Weston 2.0 was required for IVI-Extension 2.0 [2]. There was no mention of patches
though.

[1] https://collab.genivi.org/wiki/display/genivi/Compositor+Specification#CompositorSpecification-CompositorVersion3.0.0
[2] https://lists.genivi.org/pipermail/genivi-projects/2017-October/005682.html

Regards