General questions about IVI-shell/extensions and roadmap

Ucan, Emre (ADITG/SW1) eucan at de.adit-jv.com
Fri May 19 03:00:19 EDT 2017

Hello Loris,

You understood it right. You have to modify clutter to use ivi-application protocol and implement a HMI controller either in the application or standalone.

Wayland IVI extension is an official component of genivi and agl consortiums. They are backed by most of the major automotive companies and suppliers:
- BMW
- Jaguar Land Rover
- Daimler
- Peugeot
- Renault
- Volvo
- Bosch
- Continental
- Toyota

Therefore, it will be maintained well. More information:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GENIVI_Alliance
https://www.automotivelinux.org/

In future, we are planning to support xdg-shell so that applications can use existing frameworks such as clutter without modifications.
This will take some time to finalize (end of this year maybe).