New PR for new protocol

Ucan, Emre (ADITG/SW1) eucan at de.adit-jv.com
Thu May 18 05:45:38 EDT 2017

Hi,

I sent now the new version of the PR. I fixed most of the findings:
- Merged ivi_manager_layer/surface to ivi_wm interface.
- Renamed surface_configuration event to surface_resize and write down proper explanation
- Renamed the protocol as ivi-wm.xml

I chose not to update render order when a layer or screen is in sync mode.

In current implementation, it is not feasible to update render order all the time. Because ivi-shell sends an event with the information that a surface is added to layer. There is no information where in layer render order this surface added to. We have to either modify ivi-shell code or track render order in ivi-controller.

Both options are not optimal because:

  - updating ivi-shell cumbersome and takes time. We have to release the update for next compliance update
 -  tracking render order is also bad. it is already tracked at ivi-layout. they should be in sync etc.

Let us discuss this new PR tomorrow in telco.

Advanced Driver Information Technology GmbH
Software Group I (ADITG/SW1)
Robert-Bosch-Str. 200
31139 Hildesheim
Germany

Tel. +49 5121 49 6937
Fax +49 5121 49 6999
eucan at de.adit-jv.com

ADIT is a joint venture company of Robert Bosch GmbH/Robert Bosch Car Multimedia GmbH and DENSO Corporation
Sitz: Hildesheim, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hildesheim HRB 3438
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Wilhelm Grabow, Ken Yaguchi