screenshot of layer do not work!

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 01:43:08 EDT 2017

Dear All,

I could verify the screen shot dump using the screen and surface but not
with layers. So following command do not work but other two works. I think
this is because controller_layer_screenshot() in ivi-controller.c is
missing implementation. Is there any patch available? or Is this planned?

Any inputs on make it working?

Line 732,
https://github.com/GENIVI/wayland-ivi-extension/blob/master/weston-ivi-shell/src/ivi-controller.c

Do not work:
LayerManagerControl dump layer 1000 to /home/root/layer_1000.bmp

Works:
LayerManagerControl dump screen 0 to /home/root/hmi_screen.bmp
LayerManagerControl dump surface 10 to /home/root/surface_10.bmp

Regards,
Vikash