Patches, issue-tracking, maintenance etc.

Foster, Jeremiah JFoster at luxoft.com
Wed Jun 14 10:43:31 EDT 2017

On Wed, 2017-06-14 at 11:04 +0000, Ucan, Emre (ADITG/ESB) wrote:

[snip]

> > > For issue tracking and patches , best way for us would be to use
> > > github.
> >
> > Sure, but the Issues are turned off on the GitHub repository, so I
> > don't see
> > how you're doing it.  :-)
> >
> > Looping in Jeremiah into the thread, but generally I would say the
> > GENIVI
> > strategy is to let component maintainers decide on their preferred
> > tooling,
> > and only provide some defaults (JIRA/Confluence and other) if there
> > are no
> > special requests.

+1

> > But in that case it needs to be really well documented so that
> > people going
> > to the most common place will find their way, so let's try to do
> > that.
> >
> > So you prefer to enable the GitHub issues on the repository then?
> > I have the possibility to do it - just want to loop in our
> > community manager
> > also.
> >
> > When we have done it, will you consider documenting it in the
> > project
> > README
> > also?
>
> Yes we can do.
> >
> > Finally, since we're waiting for the issue tracker... I requested
> > specifically a maintenance branch for 1.11 with the critical bugfix
> > (or
> > bugfixes) - what do you think about it?
>
> Yes, we can do. But we have to wait for Eugen (maintainer).  He will
> return next week.
> Actually, we asked Jeremiah to enable write access also to me, so
> that I can push patches when Eugen is not available. But Jeremiah did
> not reply yet for our request.

My apologies, I will do this immediately.

Cheers,

Jeremiah

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended only for the recipient(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive them. They may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read this email or its attachment(s). Furthermore, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any attachment(s) or copies thereof from your system. Thank you.