new 1.13.0 stable release

Stephen Lawrence stephen.lawrence at renesas.com
Tue Jun 13 19:30:00 EDT 2017

Hi Emre,

[snip]

>> Q2) Will you be updating Genivi 13 compliance for this release?
>> I ask as your comment below seems to be talking about updating compliance
>> for a follow on protocol update, although I may be misunderstanding.
>>
>> The reason behind is that the release tag [1] says that various APIs have been
>> deprecated.
>> That of course would break backwards compatibility and would require a
>> Genivi 13 compliance update for the changes in this 1.13 release. If it was just
>> adding new features it would be fine.
>
> [1] https://github.com/GENIVI/wayland-ivi-extension/releases/tag/1.13.0
> [Emre] 1.13 release is basically last release before new protocol. It is
> backwards compatible with v1.11.

OK understood.

> Some APIs are deprecated but they are working as before. Applications will
> get compile time warnings when they use this APIs.

Yes, sorry. My comment about breaking backwards compatibility was wrong.
 I jumped from reading deprecate directly to removal in my thinking for some
strange reason.

> We are also planning to update compliance with new protocol. For that there
> will be a new v2.0 release.

OK. Do you have a date for when it will be released?
The reference implementation for v2.0 will still use Weston 2.0?

I'm basically just wondering about the high level scope for the reference implementation
into the baseline for the  Genivi 13 cycle. Unless you are about to release v2.0
it sounds like we will start with v1.13, with an update to v2.0 sometime between
the Maturity Check and Compliance Freeze and the O-0.1 and O-0.2 baseline
releases that follow them.

Regards

Steve