Patches, issue-tracking, maintenance etc.

Gunnar Andersson gunnar.genivi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 12:08:03 EDT 2017

Hello Emre

On Tue, 2017-06-13 at 11:22 +0000, Ucan, Emre (ADITG/ESB) wrote:
> Hello Gunnar,
>
> Wayland-ivi-extension 1.13 requires weston 2.0. Therefore, we have to
> update both together.
> 1.13 version is backwards compatible with 1.11. I will send an email to
> BIT team for updating to new versions.

That's fine.  GDP will pick up this change via the meta-ivi most likely,
assuming that we can get an early dev branch to work on quite soon.

> Recently, we introduced a new protocol. Therefore, we want to update
> compliance for the upcoming release.
> The upcoming version would be 2.0, because we made backwards incompatible
> changes.

OK.  So GDP main HMI needs to change some things also I assume?  Will you
able to support that activity and help us explain what needs to be done?

> For issue tracking and patches , best way for us would be to use github.

Sure, but the Issues are turned off on the GitHub repository, so I don't see
how you're doing it.  :-)

Looping in Jeremiah into the thread, but generally I would say the GENIVI
strategy is to let component maintainers decide on their preferred tooling,
and only provide some defaults (JIRA/Confluence and other) if there are no
special requests.

But in that case it needs to be really well documented so that people going
to the most common place will find their way, so let's try to do that.

So you prefer to enable the GitHub issues on the repository then?
I have the possibility to do it - just want to loop in our community manager
also.

When we have done it, will you consider documenting it in the project README
also?

Finally, since we're waiting for the issue tracker... I requested
specifically a maintenance branch for 1.11 with the critical bugfix (or
bugfixes) - what do you think about it?

Thanks,
- Gunnar