Understanding flags for changed properties in notification callbacks

Friedrich, Eugen (ADITG/ESB) efriedrich at de.adit-jv.com
Tue Jul 11 04:14:00 EDT 2017

Hi Vikas,

Please find the answer below

[ef] if new ivi surface is created: means that wl_surface got a id over ther ivi-aplication protocol, ilm_surfaceCreate.

> ILM_NOTIFICATION_CONTENT_REMOVED
[ef] if ivi surface is removed

> ILM_NOTIFICATION_CONFIGURED
[ef] this notification you will get after the application will send the first buffer over the corresponding wl_surface.
Reason why we need this is the following:
	The wl_surface and also the ivi-surface does not have any dimensions, so the hmi controller has to be notified how big is the buffer attached to the surface to be able to set the source and the destination rectangle accordingly.
You can take a look to the layer-add-surface implementation in the wayland-ivi-extension repository (usage of  ilm_registerNotification api)