GENIVI IVI layer management queries

Annamalai Lakshmanan Annamalai.Lakshmanan at quest-global.com
Fri Jan 27 07:04:27 EST 2017

Hi,
We have queries regarding GENIVI layer management (IVI Application, IVI Controller)

1)      We are unable to select the opacity values of layer using this API ilm_layerSetOpacity between multiple layers, when changed the values from 0, 0.5 or 1 between multiple layers, we could not observe the transparency settings in the display

2)      If we have multiple wayland clients (Each creating a Surface) and a layer manager application (Maps every surface to an independent layer).  the first launched wayland clients get stalled once the new wayland client (eg: simple-shm.c with IVI surface) applications are launched. Only the latest  wayland application launched gets executed. However, if multiple surfaces are attached to a single layer, the client application works OK.

3)      How can the composition be achieved in multiple layers (using buffer's alpha value only or Surface/Layer Opacity also is effective)?.

4)      We are unable to select between multiple LCD's. This API(ilm_getPropertiesOfScreen()) is OK and returning proper details of screen, but this API[ilm_displaySetRenderOrder()] is unable to select between LCD with the provided display ID, how to choose a specific LCD to display Output.

Regards
Annamalai
---Disclaimer------------------------------ This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this transmission that do not relate to the official business of QuEST Global and/or its subsidiaries, shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. Any statements made herein that are tantamount to contractual obligations, promises, claims or commitments shall not be binding on the Company unless followed by written confirmation by an authorized signatory of the Company. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------