the version of wayland-ivi-extension at Nostromo

Stephen Lawrence stephen.lawrence at renesas.com
Tue Jan 24 14:19:32 EST 2017

Dear Maintainers,

My understanding is that for the next reference implementation you are targeting Weston 2.0 (Wayland 1.13) and the Wayland community will release around the end of February.

We are now in the Nostromo (Genivi 12) development cycle so need to discuss what will appear in the baselines.

When do you plan to release the updated reference implementation?
What version of IVI-Extension will it use?

Assuming there is a new version one important question will be whether it requires a compliance specification change or not?
The Maturity Check deadline for compliance changes is Monday 30th of January.
Does the new API simply extend the old API (G11 M-1.1 uses v1.10.90), or does it break it?

Regards

Steve
BIT Co-Lead