On GDP applications size and ivi configure event

Jacobo Aragunde Pérez jaragunde at igalia.com
Thu Jan 19 10:27:58 EST 2017

On 19/01/17 14:23, Zeeshan Ali wrote:
> On 19 January 2017 at 12:07, Zeeshan Ali <zeeshan.ali at pelagicore.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jacobo,
>>
>>> I built a minnowboard image following your instructions and I'm happy
>>> to report that Chromium works nicely and I was even able to play
>>> youtube videos. There were only two issues:
>>>
>>> 1. The resolution issue that you already reported.
>>>
>>> 2. The icon is smaller compared to other application icons in the sidebar menu.
>>>
>>> Also I'm assuming later on, we'll just replace the existing browser.
>>
>> While testing GeChic screen, I decided to test Chromium again. While
>> it looks much better on this larger screen (resolution isn't right but
>> it's close), I found one additional issue: Audio is not working. I
>> checked with MediaManager app to ensure it's not a generic issue.
>
> And after running a youtube video for a while, we saw that video
> playback framrate dropped very close to 0. :( Am I expecting too much
> here? :)

Well, we haven't set specific performance goals for this stage of the
project, but I will at least take a look into these issues you mention:
audio and video playback framerate.

BTW, I have patches for the icon size and a workaround for the aspect
ratio. I'm also patching genivi-dev-platform to avoid any manual
configuration, and will get in touch soon about getting this work
reviewed/merged. What do you prefer, PRs or patches sent to meta-ivi
mailing list?

Thanks for you thorough testing!
--
Jacobo Aragunde