On GDP applications size and ivi configure event

Zeeshan Ali zeeshan.ali at pelagicore.com
Mon Jan 16 08:06:51 EST 2017

Hi Jacobo,

On 13 January 2017 at 18:03, Jacobo Aragunde Pérez <jaragunde at igalia.com> wrote:
> On 13/01/17 15:16, Zeeshan Ali wrote:
>>> * As things stand now, would you just use a fixed window size for
>>> browser windows that matches the GDP HMI proportions?
>>
>> I think that would be a good temporary workaround until we figure out
>> the real issue and how/when to solve it completely. Could you please
>> create a jira ticket for this issue with all the info you have at
>> hand?
>
> I've created the ticket:
>
> https://at.projects.genivi.org/jira/browse/LM-2

Cool, thanks.

>> Also please link to the ticket in a FIXME comment in your code
>> where you hardcode the size. Thanks.
>>

> Chromium+Ozone-Wayland seems to disregard the window size CLI flags and
> I'll need to dig a bit deeper, the workaround may take some time :)

Ah ok, no worries.

I built a minnowboard image following your instructions and I'm happy
to report that Chromium works nicely and I was even able to play
youtube videos. There were only two issues:

1. The resolution issue that you already reported.

2. The icon is smaller compared to other application icons in the sidebar menu.

Also I'm assuming later on, we'll just replace the existing browser.

Zeeshan Ali