IVI-Input touch handling with multiple transparent surfaces

Ucan, Emre (ADITG/SW1) eucan at de.adit-jv.com
Thu Jan 5 03:18:53 EST 2017

Hi,

You cannot achieve this behavior with IVI-Input touch.

But I can give you some hints what you have to modify to achieve it:

1. If the non-transparanet parts of HMI surface and Navi Overlay surface is rectangular, you can use the input regions request of wl_surface interface.
    But it is not supported by IVI-Input touch. It should work with default input grab interfaces of weston.
2. You can get the buffer contents of HMI surface and Navi Overlay. If the touched pixel's alpha is 0, you can send the touch event to the surface below.
    But compositor does not have direct access to GPU Memory.
3. You can use a bitmap  of the overlays instead of the buffer content. But if the overlay changes you have to update the bitmap too.