Analysis of the interaction between Chromium and Wayland-IVI-extension

Ucan, Emre (ADITG/SW1) eucan at de.adit-jv.com
Tue Feb 21 11:06:30 EST 2017

Hi,

It was basically a design decision to not set keyboard focus when a window is clicked.

Because in a standard IVI device, hard keys are always routed to HMI application.

It is very important that the HMI application does not lose keyboard focus.

We have to implement a IPC interface between chromium and HMI application so that HMI application can set the keyboard focus when chromium requests it.