Warning when disabling and enabling video

Jithin Das P jithin.das at quest-global.com
Fri Dec 8 02:02:01 EST 2017

Hi,

We have queries regarding GENIVI IVI layer/surface management. Could you help?

We are getting a warning when enabling and disabling video many times.
The warning message/log is from the wayland side.
We are only the user of Wayland Client API.
We are not able to debug further.
We have adjusted the Wayland API order as following.
We don't see any further problem from a wayland client API user's point of view.

1. enable the video device

wl_display_connect
wl_display_get_registry
wl_registry_add_listener
wl_display_roundtrip
wl_compositor_create_surface
ivi_application_surface_create

2. disable the video device

ivi_surface_destroy
wl_surface_destroy
wl_compositor_destroy
ivi_application_destroy
wl_registry_destroy
wl_display_flush
wl_display_disconnect

We would like to know the real root cause of it on wayland side.
Could you advise us what we are doing wrong on our side.
Is the above sequence correct or should there be any change?

Regards
Jithin
---Disclaimer------------------------------ This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this transmission that do not relate to the official business of QuEST Global and/or its subsidiaries, shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. Any statements made herein that are tantamount to contractual obligations, promises, claims or commitments shall not be binding on the Company unless followed by written confirmation by an authorized signatory of the Company. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------