How can I run a Qt applicaton on ivi-shell?

Yang Zhonghua happy2discover at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 20:30:09 EST 2017

Hi guys,

I am new to wayland.

[situation]
The ivi-shell demo could run correctly on Ubuntu 17.10 so far.

[goal]
1. I made a hello-world Qt Quick2 application and tried to make it managed
by ivi-shell.
2. Two fullscreen applications could run on diffrent layers at the same
time. The bottom one could show directly when the top one exits.

[problem]
I copied weston.ini in ivi-shell folder and added the following lines.

[ivi-launcher]
workspace-id=3
icon-id=4010
icon=/home/ubuntu/Downloads/weston/data/icon_ivi_hello-world-qt-quick2.png
path=/home/ubuntu/Projects/hello-world-qt-quick2/hello-world-qt-quick2

But the hello-world Qt Quick2 application couldn't run on ivi-shell.
AFAIK, the Qt application should make a request to generate surface-id.
Anybody knows how to do it? Thanks so much!

I've been stuck for almost one month...