Which boards does ivi-share support?

Friedrich, Eugen (ADITG/ESB) efriedrich at de.adit-jv.com
Thu Aug 24 11:03:04 EDT 2017

Hello Yang-woo,

Please find some comment below

[EF] No you don't need to do this. For the  ivi-share protocol you need a flink name and you can get this from you will get always a wayland buffer from a client
And you need to create a  gbm_bo object out of it.
So now it is a details of the implementation of the currently used EGL implementation,
What kind of backend storage is actually used: it could be shm, dmabuf, gbm_bo or something else)
Some example is available here: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/tree/libweston/compositor-drm.c#n1178

So strictly speaking  we don't need to change from GBM_BO_IMPORT_WL_BUFFER to GBM_BO_IMPORT_FD
We need to add support for dmabuf so you could use GBM_BO_IMPORT_FD.