GENIVI Layer Management Issue

Annamalai Lakshmanan Annamalai.Lakshmanan at quest-global.com
Thu Apr 13 03:08:37 EDT 2017

Hi All,

we observed a problem with layer management. we have video as back surface, UI as front surface mapped to a single Layer.
when video is launched UI loads buffer with  alpha and RGB contents 0x00, and video is visible being in back layer.
if the video is in full screen its ok. But the video does not occupy full screen. although UI buffer RGB is zero, it still retains its older contents. and it  occupies area where video is not rendering.

The expectation would be once the UI buffer alpha is zero the RGB contents of its buffer and surface should turn the value it contains. eg: if the buffer content is 0x00000000, the buffer and its surface should turn black and surface should not retain its older value.
we see the transparency alpha setting of the buffer looks ok. but the surface still retains the older buffer contents.

Regards
Annamalai

---Disclaimer------------------------------ This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this transmission that do not relate to the official business of QuEST Global and/or its subsidiaries, shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. Any statements made herein that are tantamount to contractual obligations, promises, claims or commitments shall not be binding on the Company unless followed by written confirmation by an authorized signatory of the Company. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------