Multiple display support with weston/wayland-ivi-extension

Friedrich, Eugen (ADITG/SW1) efriedrich at de.adit-jv.com
Fri Sep 30 07:44:39 EDT 2016

Hello Vikas,

[EF] there is a bug in 1.9.1 please use 1.10.90 verion with Weston 1.11 if possible,
Details of the bug can be found here:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/commit/?id=3e710d19fe663c7fca39053eb06b5667adabd7b0

> Can I run EGLWLMockNavigation on one physical display and
> EGLWLInputEventExample on second physical display with
> ivi-controller.so? How to run this if it is possible?
[EF] just create several ilm layers and attach them to the corresponding screens:
The [LayerManagerControl get screens] should report several screens if displays are detected correctly

> Does ivi-cotroller supports following  dual display mode?
> - Extended
> - Cloned
[EF] ivi-controller should not know about cloned view, should be done on the level below in drm
We should only see one display.

> - Independent Driving.
[EF] this is we only support, you will get several ilm screens and can attached layers to each screen separately.
Currently 1 layer can be only on 1 screen, and 1 surface can be only on 1 layer, we are planning to relax this limitation
And allow 1 surface to be on many layers but we would need to break the ABI and change the ivi-controller protocol.