Resizing surfaces

Friedrich, Eugen (ADITG/SW1) efriedrich at de.adit-jv.com
Tue Sep 27 17:21:41 EDT 2016

Hello Justin,

You have to set the ivi-surface listener to receive the configure events, see
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/tree/clients/window.c?id=2d825ed9eb0388d47e9fc14294f6f6d63d5c230c#n1413

The configure event will be issued from the compositor if the destination region is changed.

The is still an issue to get all resize sequence working  without any visible distortions on the display by using only a ilm interface.

The complete sequence should looks like
1. ivi-controller: change the destination region
2. weston: send configure event
3. ivi-client: resizes the buffer and commit new buffer to weston
4. weston: uses new buffer for composition and send notification about new buffer size
5. ivi-controller: changes the source region.

This is still on our todo list.