Resizing surfaces

Justin Noel justin at ics.com
Tue Sep 27 12:00:39 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am currently writing a new launcher for the GDP and I'm running into
an issue. I would like to be able to resize the windows of client
applications from my controller. This is because this launcher
reserves some space on the screen for a slideout sidebar and uses some
pixels on the top and bottom of the screen. I can set the source and
destination rectangles and the client application will fill the space
I want it to fill, but ILM will scale the window rather than tell the
client that window has resized. This scaling causes rendering issues
when out of aspect ratio especially with fonts.

I see that in ivi-application.xml there is configure event where
client applications can be politely asked to resize, but I see no way
to trigger this event via ILM. What is the intended usage for in this
situation? Should I be using another API to trigger a configure?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
--Justin