Multi screen configuration with ilm

Friedrich, Eugen (ADITG/SW1) efriedrich at de.adit-jv.com
Tue Sep 27 05:43:56 EDT 2016

Hello John,

We are not using the systemd-logind we are just starting Weston directly as root user with a following command:

ExecStart=/usr/bin/weston --tty=1 --modules=systemd-notify.so

Anyway  errors for logind you can ignore  it is not a real issue, the problem is the  here:

failed to initialize egl
fatal: failed to create compositor backend

As far I could see you are using the NXP BSP with vivante driver, so you need a GPU driver which supports DRM/GBM
Other possibility would be to implement the fbdev backend in Weston which can supports several fbdev devices, If I remember correctly NXP BSP creates own fbdev device for every display (/dev/fbX)