Multi screen configuration with ilm

Jomon John jomon.john at tataelxsi.co.in
Mon Sep 26 12:54:22 EDT 2016

Eugen,

Thank you for the support and details,

> You should start weston with:
>      --backend=drm-backend.so
> The fbdev backend supports only one display, linux can provide several
> fbdev devices but weston fbdev backend will take only one.
>
> So try to load the drm-backend.so and the following command should
> report several screens:
> LayerManagerControl get screens

Tried to launch weston with drm-backend and got following error

OS: Linux, 4.1.15-1.1.1+gd5d7c02, #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Sep 23 20:24:16 IST 2016, armv7l
Using config file '/etc/xdg/weston/weston.ini'
Output repaint window is 7 ms maximum.
initializing drm backend
logind: failed to get session seat
logind: cannot setup systemd-logind helper (-2), using legacy fallback
using /dev/dri/card0
failed to initialize egl
fatal: failed to create compositor backend

Any idea regarding the issue ?

Checking with loginctl 'list-sessions'says two sessions are up and running ,

   SESSION        UID USER             SEAT
        c1          0 root
        c2          0 root

2 sessions listed.

Also am not seeing any DRI related error messages in kernel messages,

# dmesg| grep -i drm
[    1.280234] [drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
[    1.284074] [drm] Initialized vivante 1.0.0 20120216 on minor 0

Finally the current unit file of weston is given as,

ExecStart=/usr/bin/openvt -v -s -- /usr/bin/weston  --backend=drm-backend.so -i0 --log=/var/log/weston.log

Any help is appreciated.

-

Best Regards
Jomon John