ilm_surfaceCreate function call getting segmentation fault when EGl surface creation not happed.

arunkrish20 . arunkrish20 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 03:20:07 EDT 2016

Hi All,

We are trying to implement multi client application with IMX6 board.

wayland-weston verison - 1.9.0
wayland ivi extention version - 1.9.1

We are creating wayland surfaces and creating egl surface for each wayland
surface and adding to the layer manager(ilm_surfaceCreate) then there is no
issue.

Earlier, Layermanager with X11 we used, with that we just create the x11
window and we will map to Layermanager surface directly.
And we will pass the X11 window handle to our client applciation then they
will create their own egl surface and will render their output.

But Now with Walyland with ivi shell the master application needs to create
egl surface for each wayland surface then only layer manager surface can be
added. otherwise getting segmentation fault for ilm_surfaceCreate function
call.

we are missing something in our implementation?
Is there any issue in our understanding?

Please help us.

Thanks,
Arunkumar R