General question: How to start with the IVI Layer Managemet

Rajagopal, Arunkumar (A.) arunkumar.rajagopal at visteon.com
Tue Oct 4 09:05:38 EDT 2016

Hi,

Please find the wayland ivi extension code in the below path.

https://github.com/GENIVI/wayland-ivi-extension

<https://github.com/GENIVI/wayland-ivi-extension>

Easily you can understand by running the below examples.

First run "layer-add-surfaces" this application. This application is used to monitor the ivi client applications.

After that run simple-egl.c which is for wayland ivi shell client application. This application will create the surface and will be intimated to layer-add-surface surface monitoring process.

example code -

https://github.com/krh/weston/blob/master/clients/simple-egl.c

in this way you can create multiple application and you can manage the multiple application surface in layer-add-surface if you want.

ivi-shell is used instead wl-shell for wayland ivi extension. So ivi extension is not something like shell.

Thanks,

Arunkumar R