General question: How to start with the IVI Layer Managemet

Thorsten Stapel thorsten.stapel at alpine.de
Tue Oct 4 08:37:33 EDT 2016

Hello
I'm quite new in using wayland.
We got a BSP wich is using Wayland 10.0 and Weston 10.0 and it seems to me
that for our purpose, the IVI Extension is what we need.

The idea is to have an application which is constantly checking which
surfaces are registered and deregistered to wayland, and move the to
special predfined places on the screen.

However, I'm confused now where to start.

I checked

https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/PROJ/Wayland+IVI+Extension+Design
but the following links are not working anymore:

Wayland IVI Extension Project page
http://projects.genivi.org/wayland-ivi-extension/

Quick Start of Wayland IVI Extension
http://projects.genivi.org/wayland-ivi-extension/quick-start

Also I did not found the link where to download the IVI Extension code.

Reading this page:
https://collab.genivi.org/wiki/display/genivi/Compositor+Reference+Implementation#CompositorReferenceImplementation-BuildingCompositorReferenceImplementation

I'm also a little bit confused: Is IVI-Shell allready included in Weston
10.0 and what is the difference between IVI-Shell and IVI-Extension?

Hope you can help me

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards  / Yoroshiku onegai shimasu
Thorsten Stapel, Dipl.-Ing. (FH)

Senior Engineer
Software Development Group1
/////Alpine Electronics R&D Europe GmbH
AOEUR
Vor dem Lauch 14
70567 Stuttgart
Germany
Tel: +49/711/72048-528
FAX: +49/711/72048-101
thorsten.stapel at alpine.de

Alpine Electronics R&D Europe GmbH, Vor dem Lauch 14, 70567 Stuttgart,
Registergericht Stuttgart, HRB 25265
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Toshinori Kobayashi, Shuji Taguchi
Working office: Vor dem Lauch 14, 70567 Stuttgart

ATTENTION: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be privileged
and/or confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom this  e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the
named recipients or otherwise  have reason to believe that you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify  the sender and delete this
message immediately from your computer. We thank you for your cooperation.