Multiple display support with weston/wayland-ivi-extension

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 04:45:44 EDT 2016

Hi Eugen Friedrich,

Thanks a lot for your comments. I have commented below inline. Would
be great if you could help me to understand.

Regards,
Vikas

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 5:14 PM, Friedrich, Eugen (ADITG/SW1)
<efriedrich at de.adit-jv.com> wrote:
> Hello Vikas,
>
> Best regards
>
> Eugen Friedrich
> Software Group I (ADITG/SW1)

[Vikas] Link you have given is part of weston. I could backport this
to weston 1.9.0. Is bug mentioned above related to multi display
support? Is there any specific bug with wayland-ivi-extension 1.9.1 ?
If you could point out I will test after back porting it.

At the moment I could not update to lates but surely will plan.

>> Can I run EGLWLMockNavigation on one physical display and
>> EGLWLInputEventExample on second physical display with
>> ivi-controller.so? How to run this if it is possible?
> [EF] just create several ilm layers and attach them to the corresponding screens:
> The [LayerManagerControl get screens] should report several screens if displays are detected correctly

[vikas] How could I attach layers to the corresponding screens? As my
target shows two screen as follows. I think it is
"ilm_displaySetRenderOrder((t_ilm_display) 0, &ilmLayerId, 1)" call
but when I used 1 instead of 0 then it still showed on the same
display. Is my understanding correct?

root at linux123:~# LayerManagerControl get screens
invalid id_surface in controller_listener_surface
2 Screen(s):
- Screen 0 (0x0)
- Screen 1 (0x1)
wl_display at 1: error 0: invalid object 11
root at linux123:~#

Could I show "mocknavi" on second display by using following option
available with LayerManagerControl? I tried but didn't work.

set screen | layer <id> render order [<idarray>]

>> Does ivi-cotroller supports following  dual display mode?
>> - Extended
>> - Cloned
> [EF] ivi-controller should not know about cloned view, should be done on the level below in drm
> We should only see one display.
>
>> - Independent Driving.
> [EF] this is we only support, you will get several ilm screens and can attached layers to each screen separately.
> Currently 1 layer can be only on 1 screen, and 1 surface can be only on 1 layer, we are planning to relax this limitation
> And allow 1 surface to be on many layers but we would need to break the ABI and change the ivi-controller protocol.

Is this limitation for multi display support?

Thanks  Regards,
Vikas