Touch events not reviving with wayland-ivi-extenssion 1.4.0 and wayland video sink

arunkrish20 . arunkrish20 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 01:49:01 EDT 2016

Vikas,

Thanks for your response,

We are trying to play a video using imxeglvivsink by modifying the
egl_platform_wayland.c to create a IVI application surface as a client.
As per your implementation is with ilm_client interface, please correct me
if i am wrong.

We are expecting this application to be run as similar to layer-add-surface
with simple-egl example application.
We are using ivi-application layer to create the surface as same as the
example. We are creating surface with ivi_application_create_surface,
but as per your implementation you have used ilm_client_surface_create.

Please find the attached modified code and debug logs.

We get the following prints from GUI main thread(ilm control - similar to
layer-add-surface application) which controls the IVI client surfaces.
After egl_platform_wayland creates own ivi-appilcation-surface we will get
the callback in our GUI application and get the properties of newly created
client surface. When we inspect the properties we are getting below errors.

*gui_w207l3[212]: wl_display at 1: error 0: invalid object 18gui_w207l3[212]:
Error communicating with wayland: Invalid argument*

While debugging the prints,we inferred that there is a issue in below code
snippet which is displaying following Error Log "error while flushing
display: Broken pipe". We are suspecting this code area.

*        while (wl_display_prepare_read(platform->display) != 0)
wl_display_dispatch_pending(platform->display);        /* Flush requests,
sending them to the server; if not all data could be sent to         * the
server, have poll() also let it wait until it the display FD is writable
again */        ret = wl_display_flush(platform->display);        if (ret <
0)        {            if (errno == EAGAIN)            {
fds[1].events |= POLLOUT;            }            else
{                EGL_PLATFORM_UNLOCK(platform);
GST_ERROR("error while flushing display: %s",
strerror(errno));                break;            }        }*
Could you please guide us in resolving this issue.

Thanks,
Arunkumar R