Genivi design direction needed

Friedrich, Eugen (ADITG/SW1) efriedrich at de.adit-jv.com
Mon Nov 28 08:56:53 EST 2016

Hello Arunkumar,

There is not such document, or generic rule that doesn’t allow you to pass the fix id from the HMI central controller to you application.
The idea that content which appears on the screen is “confirmed” by the  HMI central controller so it is known to the IVI system.

So you can assign fix id’s for you application during compile time of the application and HMI central controller of you can generate id’s during runtime from the HMI central controller
In both cases HMI central controller will exactly now the id’s and can identify and control the applications.

From the ivi system point of view we should never assign the id’s automatically e.g. from the compositor.
But it ok to have e.g. some id range which can be used by app-store and HMI central controller will put this to dedicated layer in order to put this in the correct place or z-order to not cover the security relevant content.