ilm api chages

Friedrich, Eugen (ADITG/SW1) efriedrich at de.adit-jv.com
Fri Nov 18 06:47:29 EST 2016

Hello Genivi,

We decided to some ilm API as deprecated. For this we have very serious reasons:

-          ilmClient api is not thread safe and using it in multi thread environment brings only problems with is and not benefit, also not all feature available in the ivi-application wayland protocol are "visible", so it better to use the protocol directly as Weston examples already do,

-          Pixel format does not make any sense on the ilm surface only the wayland buffer have concrete format.
we should have been done this much earlier.

Following API should not be used:
After 1.11 tag following API's are set as deprecated:
Complete ilmClient-API:
ilmClient_init
ilmClient_destroy
ilm_surfaceCreate
ilm_surfaceRemove

and:
ilm_surfaceGetPixelformat

there are corresponding PR's in the
https://github.com/GENIVI/wayland-ivi-extension/pulls

We will not remove the API till at least over next Genivi release
please give you comment here or directly in the PR,
especially if you have some questions or complaints how to "survive" without mentioned api.

Advanced Driver Information Technology GmbH
Software Group I (ADITG/SW1)
Robert-Bosch-Str. 200
31139 Hildesheim
Germany
Tel. +49 5121 49 6921
Fax +49 5121 49 6999
efriedrich at de.adit-jv.com<mailto:efriedrich at de.adit-jv.com>
ADIT is a joint venture company of Robert Bosch GmbH/Robert Bosch Car Multimedia GmbH and DENSO Corporation
Sitz: Hildesheim, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hildesheim HRB 3438
Geschäftsführung: Wilhelm Grabow, Ken Yaguchi