ilm_surfaceSetDestinationRectangle behavior with wayland-ivi-extension 1.4.0

Frederico Cadete frederico.cadete at awtce.be
Fri Jan 15 05:31:22 EST 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 03:59:18PM +0530, Vikas Patil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached here the wayland protocol log and there I see damage
> request's y is not correct for surface. It should be 72 instead 0 I
> think. Any pointer why could this be?

I believe it is correct to be 0. The ivi-controller APIs you
are using will change how the buffer will be composited (if the
top 72 pixels are hidden, or if it's scaled, etc.).
The client does not necessarily have to know this is happening :). It can
still draw and damage all the buffer, then it's the compositor's job to
scale it.

Regards,
Frederico