Getting error "ivi-shell: source rectangle is not yet set by ivi_layout_surface_set_source_rectangle" when following the ivi extension quick start guide

Stephen Lawrence stephen.lawrence at renesas.com
Fri Apr 15 11:36:15 EDT 2016

Hi Johan,

From: genivi-ivi-layer-management-bounces at lists.genivi.org [mailto:genivi-ivi-layer-management-bounces at lists.genivi.org] On Behalf Of Johan Klokkhammer Helsing
Sent: 15 April 2016 14:11
To: genivi-ivi-layer-management at lists.genivi.org
Subject: Getting error "ivi-shell: source rectangle is not yet set by ivi_layout_surface_set_source_rectangle" when following the ivi extension quick start guide

>Hi all.
>
>I'm trying to familiarize myself with the ivi extensions for Wayland, with the intention of eventually implementing some basic support at least for ivi-application in the Qt Wayland compositor API.

Just wanted to say it is great to see Qt Company taking an interest in this. The Genivi Demo Platform maintainers reported some of the challenges they faced integrating Qt apps last year in our meeting in Stuttgart and it's good to see people responding.

As an aside, the IVI-Extension maintainers have given both presentations and training at our 6 monthly meetings. You may find them helpful in getting up to speed. You can find links to the meeting presentations here [1] and as an example [2]. That links to the internal Genivi wiki. If you don't already have access, as Qt Company is a member you can request it by emailing help at genivi.org

[1] https://collab.genivi.org/wiki/display/genivi/GENIVI+Members+Meetings
[2] https://collab.genivi.org/wiki/display/genivi/AllMemberMeeting2015OctoberSessionContent#AllMemberMeeting2015OctoberSessionContent-HandsonforAdvancedUsersGENIVICompositor%28%2F%29

Cheers

Steve