AW: Screen triangle tearing

Michael.Schuldt at bmw.de Michael.Schuldt at bmw.de
Thu Apr 14 01:08:09 EDT 2016

Hi Arun,

we are facing the same issue some years ago. The root cause for this
at our side was the fact that in the same time where
the LayerManager is reading the content from the X11Pixmap another
application renders / clears the buffer or is rendering into that. Due
to the fact that there is no synchronization / double bufferin
by default by accessing the pixmap, you will get into this issue.

The solution was solved directly by introducing sync points in OpenGL ES
Driver during texture access.

I think you have discuss that with your silicon vendor which is providing
your graphic driver.

Cheers

Michael.