[Genivi-ipc] Please update bug status!

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah.foster at pelagicore.com
Mon Jun 20 11:50:22 EDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 6:43 AM, Andersson, Gunnar <
gunnar.x.andersson at volvocars.com> wrote:

> Hello

Hello,

Thanks for this reminder Gunnar.

> Currently the following open bugs or issues are described in
> bugs.genivi.org for CommonAPI related projects:
>
> dbus-runtime            11 confirmed
> dbus-tools              1 confirmed
> runtime                 16 confirmed, 2 unconfirmed, 1 in progress
> tools                   9 confirmed
>
> I would like to ask the maintainers (for each of the projects)
> to please update them.  And also to generally improve communication
> with users (There are a number of emails from the last month
> or two that have not really been answered).
>
> There is also a new project created in JIRA [1].
> Can the maintainers please describe what your planned migration
> strategy is.  Will you finish and close the old issues quickly and
> thereafter
> only accept new ones on the new JIRA, or will you copy/transfer over
> the bug content?
>
> (Maybe the community manager has a preferred/recommended approach?)

Since GENIVI is required to move from the our current issue tracker ideally
all current issues would be migrated. We're going to archive the database
that holds the issues so we don't lose any important information, but work
that is currently ongoing should likely be moved. When projects (or
"products" as they're called in bugzilla) no longer have any open bugs
they'll be switched to read only -- that means no new bugs can be opened.

If you need a new issue tracker for your project in JIRA I'm of course
happy to help you to both migrate issues as well as create the tracker. I'm
getting permission from GENIVI IT to be able to create new projects in JIRA
and am happy to help where ever needed. We do have a *deadline of July 1st*
to complete the migration.

Regards,

Jeremiah

--