[genivi-dlt] Issue while capturing syslogs in dlt-viewer and also not able to see dlt_log() in the viewer
Lipka, Christoph (ADITJ/SWG)
clipka at jp.adit-jv.com
Sun Feb 5 23:31:00 EST 2017
I try to answer your questions. Could you please let me know which version you are using (also OS)
1. There seems to be a problem. As I wrote in last mail, I facing issues to set it up like you. In a system running systemd you should use journal bridge for this. I am not sure if anyone is using syslog directly.
2. / 3, Actually, I do not really understand what you do. May you send your example program? This might help to identify what you are doing. But all in all, there is no difference when using DLT_LOG or dlt_log.
Software Group (ADITJ/SWG)
Tel. +81-(0)566 61-5124
From: genivi-diagnostic-log-and-trace [mailto:genivi-diagnostic-log-and-trace-bounces at lists.genivi.org] On Behalf Of amber bhardwaj
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2017 5:08 AM
To: genivi-diagnostic-log-and-trace at lists.genivi.org; genivi-diagnostic-log-and-trace at mailman1.genivi.org
Subject: [genivi-dlt] Issue while capturing syslogs in dlt-viewer and also not able to see dlt_log() in the viewer
I have built dlt-daemon in my local system and trying to test some of the feature to understand the working internally.
I tried to many things to redirects the log but not able to do. I also don't know whom to discussed so i have few queries; can you please help me out :
1. Transferring syslogs to dlt-system is an official issue?
I mean to say that any task or bug id is defined for this issue in dlt public JIRA <https://at.projects.genivi.org/jira/projects/DLT/issues/DLT-1?filter=
if it is a bug ?
2. I am using macro interface *DLT_LOG()* and API interface
*dlt_log()* to store the logs. But when i change the log level through
*dlt_log_set_level()* then i am only able to filter
logs generated through *dlt_log()*. I am not able to filter logs which are generated through *DLT_LOG()* macro interface.
3. If i am logging via API interface using *dlt_log()* then i am not able to see logs in *dlt_viewer* but if i use *DLT_LOG()* macro interface for my logging then i can see logs in *dlt_viewer*. So i have a doubt here that *dlt_log_set_level()* can only filter the logs which are generated via *dlt_log()* and the macro interface
*DLT_LOG()* is only dedicated to *dlt_viewer*
and you can't filter logs generated via macro interface.
If i am wrong somewhere then please guide me.
Thanks and Regards,
*Work:* +91-89 51 188468
*Email:* amber.bhardwaj10 at gmail.com
*Catch me on : *LinkedIn <https://in.linkedin.com/in/amberbhardwaj>
genivi-diagnostic-log-and-trace mailing list genivi-diagnostic-log-and-trace at lists.genivi.org
More information about the genivi-diagnostic-log-and-trace