[audio-manager] Doubt Regarding AudioManager Usage

Anju Sebastian anjusebastian08 at gmail.com
Wed May 31 06:22:59 EDT 2017

Thanks again Jens.
But sorry to disturb you again.
I am still facing isues to run audiomanager commands.

I am wiorking on yocto genivi and I built audiomanager with DBUS command
plugin and ALSA routing plugin.
EXTRA_OECMAKE_append = " -DWITH_ROUTING_ADAPTER_ALSA=ON"
-DWITH_COMMAND_INTERFACE_DBUS=ON

EXTRA_OECMAKE_append = " -DWITH_ROUTING_INTERFACE_ASYNC=OFF"
EXTRA_OECMAKE_append = " -DWITH_ROUTING_INTERFACE_CAPI=OFF"
EXTRA_OECMAKE_append = " -DWITH_ROUTING_INTERFACE_DBUS=OFF"
EXTRA_OECMAKE_append = " -DWITH_COMMAND_INTERFACE_CAPI=OFF"

I kept a copy of /usr/etc/audiomanager/ folder on /etc path as well
I have alsa.xml file on /usr/etc/audiomanager/routing/alsa.xml and
/etc/audiomanager/routing/alsa.xml

Other files present:
/usr/lib/audiomanager/command/libPluginCommandInterfaceDbus.so
/usr/lib/audiomanager/control/libPluginControlInterfaceGeneric.so
/usr/lib/audiomanager/routing/libPluginRoutingAdapterALSA.so

/usr/share/audiomanager/audiomanager/CommandInterface.xml

/usr/etc/audiomanager/controller/audiomanagertypes.xsd
/usr/etc/audiomanager/controller/configuration_test.xml
/usr/etc/audiomanager/controller/generic.xml
/usr/etc/audiomanager/controller/configuration_async.xml
/usr/etc/audiomanager/controller/customtypes.xsd
/usr/etc/audiomanager/controller/xsd2header.pl
/usr/etc/audiomanager/routing/alsa.xml

I didnt make any change in cmake file. I kept it as such
I just enabled ALSA routing plugin, DBUS command plugin and disable other
plugins as shown above.

When I try dbus command to get list of sources using the command:
dbus-send --session --print-reply --dest=org.genivi.audiomanager
/org/genivi/audiomanager/commandinterface org.genivi.audiomanager.
commandinterface.GetListMainSources or
dbus-send --session --print-reply --dest=org.genivi.audiomanager
/org/genivi/audiomanager/commandinterface org.genivi.audiomanager.
commandinterface.GetListMainSinks
I get following result:
method return time=1496225698.450197 sender=:1.0 -> destination=:1.3
serial=5 reply_serial=2
   int16 0
   array [
   ]

On dbus-send --session --print-reply --dest=org.genivi.audiomanager
/org/genivi/audiomanager/commandinterface org.genivi.audiomanager.
commandinterface.GetDescription,
I get following error:
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "GetDescription"
with signature "" on interface "org.genivi.audiomanager.commandinterface"
doesn't exist

What else I am supposed to do to get the commands working?
How can I get doxygen manual? Building with WITH_DOCUMENTATION=ON ? I was
not able to build it with this param.
I already went through https://genivi.github.io/AudioManager/uniquepage.html.
But I couldnt find out how to setup and  run audiomanager commands

Thanks and Regards
Anju Sebastian.