[audio-manager] Doubt Regarding AudioManager Usage

Anju Sebastian anjusebastian08 at gmail.com
Mon May 29 00:40:43 EDT 2017

Hi,

My name is Anju Sebastian. I am working as software Engineer in NVIDIA.
I have some doubts regarding Audio Manager and plugins.

I am using genivi-12 and I compiled audiomanager and audiomanagerplugins
(7.4) using bitbake command.
I flashed my board with the file system.
I compiled AM with the following options:

EXTRA_OECMAKE = " -DWITH_DBUS_WRAPPER=ON -DWITH_TESTS=OFF"
EXTRA_OECMAKE_append = " -DWITH_TESTS=ON -DUSE_BUILD_LIBS=OFF \
    -DTEST_EXECUTABLE_INSTALL_PATH=/opt/tests/${PN}/ \
    -Dgmock_build_tests=ON -Dgtest_build_samples=ON -Dgtest_build_tests=ON \
    -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH=ON \

And audiomanager plugins with the following options:
EXTRA_OECMAKE = " \
    -DWITH_COMMAND_INTERFACE_CAPI=ON -DWITH_COMMAND_INTERFACE_DBUS=ON \
    -DWITH_ROUTING_INTERFACE_CAPI=ON -DWITH_ROUTING_INTERFACE_DBUS=ON \
    -DWITH_ROUTING_INTERFACE_ASYNC=ON \
    -DWITH_GENERIC_CONTROLLER=ON \
EXTRA_OECMAKE_append = " -DWITH_TEST_CONTROLLER=ON -DWITH_TESTS=ON
-DWITH_ROUTING_ADAPTER_ALSA=ON"

Can you please tell me how to select a particular command plugin and
routing plugin out of the available plugins?
And when I checked "GetListMainSources, GetListMainSinks,
GetListMainConnections" commands, I didn't get any proper output. Result was

method return time=1495774443.711317 sender=:1.0 -> destination=:1.4
serial=6 reply_serial=2
   int16 0
   array [
   ]

Do we need to set anything to register domains, sources and sinks?
Is there any particular config file or something to register sources and
sinks?

I am new to AudioManager and I don't have much knowledge about it.
Can you please help me by basic things to setup and run AM commands with
ALSA plugins. I am totally stuck.

Some results of commands:
Audiomanger -i
 AudioManagerDaemon Version:             7.5.51
        ControllerPlugin:
/usr/lib/audiomanager/control
        Directories of CommandPlugins:

/usr/lib/audiomanager/command
        Directories of RoutingPlugins:

/usr/lib/audiomanager/routing

/usr/lib/audiomanager/control contents:
libPluginControlInterfaceGeneric.so

/usr/lib/audiomanager/command contenst:
libPluginCommandInterfaceCAPI.so
libPluginCommandInterfaceDbus.so

/usr/lib/audiomanager/routing contens:

libPluginRoutingAdapterALSA.so
libPluginRoutingInterfaceCAPI.so
libPluginRoutingInterfaceAsync.so
libPluginRoutingInterfaceDbus.so

Change id used for AM: 8f2387e42641c7c2b967553a4c578f0e87549fb6
Change id used for AudioManagerPlugins : 6e167422e68089fee3098163b63f88
2ce4a50ad3

Thanks and Regards
Anju Sebastian.