[audio-manager] Query regarding Audio manager

Senthilkumar S1 senthilkumar.s1 at tcs.com
Mon May 22 06:58:46 EDT 2017

Dear Team,

We are trying to integrate GENIVI AudioManager into our modules.
We are getting undefined reference compilation error. Please refer below.

How we have built Audio Manager on board:
	We had meta-ivi(10.0.1) with audiomanager_7.0.bb file but our requirement was to use updated audiomanager. So we downloaded meta-ivi(11.0) which was having audiomanager_7.4.bb with audiomanagerplugins_7.4.bb. We replaced audiomanager_7.4.bb and audiomanagerplugins_7.4.bb into meta-ivi(10.0.1). By bitbaking we successfully compiled and generated the shared libraries for audiomanager and audiomanagerplugins and created final image(leviathan-image from meta-ivi).

Target Details:
--------------
	Board: Imx6Q sabresd
	Poky version: jethero
	GCC version: 5.2.2

What we have done to test Audiomanager:
--------------------------------------
	We created a test code to control volume using audiomanager. The first step was to create a sink and domain. We created objects for the following classes namely CamDatabaseHandlerMap, CamDatabaseObserver and CamCommandLineSingleton. When we compiled the test code on target itself directly, few functions of these classes were throwing compile time error as undefined reference to those(marked as bold) functions .

	We even checked the source of Audiomanager libraries namely, libAudioManagerCore.so and libAudioManagerUtilities.so using the command "objdump -S <libraryname>". We found that the libraries contained the functions which we were using. But still we were getting the above mentioned errors.

	Please suggest us how to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards
Senthil Kumar S
Tata Consultancy Services
Ph:- 80 67244197