[audio-manager] Basic Query on Command/Control Plugin

Christian.Linke at bmw.de Christian.Linke at bmw.de
Sat Jun 4 09:55:39 EDT 2016

Hi,

Some answers inline.

Christian

Von: genivi-audio-manager-bounces at lists.genivi.org [mailto:genivi-audio-manager-bounces at lists.genivi.org] Im Auftrag von Swaminathan, Ganesan (G.)
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2016 17:53
An: genivi-audio-manager at lists.genivi.org
Betreff: [audio-manager] Basic Query on Command/Control Plugin

Hello team,
I am a beginner with Genivi Audio Management. I have few basic queries please advise or point me to some useful documentation on this.

*         Command Plugin:

1.       Does Audio Client (say HMI or Media) need to interact only through Command plugin interface for requesting an Audio focus?

I would recommend to do so. But of course you can alter your controller to make other scenarios possible.

2.       In the Command line interface I could see "connect" request, does this single interface register a connection 'mainConnectionID' and request for Audio focus for the given source and Sink?

Yes. A command like HMI just needs to call connect. That's is.

3.       What should a client do when it lost the focus (on a source change notification) and how is it notified?

There are the callbacks on the command interface that Mainconnections have been changed, added, removed etc... Hm. What to do? I cannot tell. Usually nothing. Because a source is notified usually via the routing interface with sourcestate on/of/pause etc... The HMI might want to switch screens or such.

4.       I could see method calls that supports dynamically adding sources and sinks, like 'connect'. How and where static configuration done?

As you like. At BMW for example we use a generated configuration that we read at startup in the controller. I recommend in this case that every source and sink sets it's availability so that the controller knows who is "there"

*         Control Plugin:

1.       How and where to configure the Priority of different sources?

Oh, that is completely up to you. We use a soundproperty for that.

Thanks in advance,
Swaminathan G.
Audio Domain,
Advance Platform Team.